a decade of zanity

Friday, March 23, 2007

I'm a nigger with a badge which means I got permission to kick your fuckin' ass whenever I feel like it!

Title: 48 HRS. (1982)

Eddie Murphy on the verge of stardom. "48 Hrs" is Eddie's screen debut fresh from Saturday Night Live. We see the beginnings of the street-smart persona that he played and perfected many times throughout the 80's and copied by a handful of other black actors in subsequent years.

Quotes from movie:

"I'm your worst fuckin' nightmare, man. I'm a nigger with a badge which means I got permission to kick your fuckin' ass whenever I feel like it!"
"Forget this man, we ain't brothers, we ain't partners, and we aint' friends and if Ganz get's away with my money you're gonna be sorry you ever met me!"

Reggie: This your car, man?
Jack: Yeah.
Reggie: Looks like you bought this off one of the brothers.

David Patrick Kelly is the linking actor from "Commando (1985)", who is best remembered as the lead nemesis the 1979 cult classic, "The Warriors". He delivered the famous line towards the end, "Warriors, come out to play-i-ay."

Technorati Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a dvd review blog, if you're interested in a link exchange. It would be on my front page. I review roughly 1 dvd a day...sometimes more..and there's a small rss feed that pipes in news.

let me know if you want to do a simple text link exchange.

Unknown said...

Yes. I went ahead and added you to my "links" or "blogroll"

:)