a decade of zanity

Sunday, February 25, 2007

That's the fact, Jack!

Title: Stripes 1981

Hilarious movie with Bill Murray and Harold Ramis in the US Army. One of my favorite comedy starring one of my favorite comedian.

Quotes from movie:

"Lighten up, Francis."
"We're soldiers; but we're American soldiers. We've been kickin' ass for 200 years. We're 10 and 1."
"Black guys help the white guys..."
"Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual."

General Barnicke: Where have you been soldier?
John Winger: Training, sir.
Soldiers: Training, sir.
General Barnicke: What kind of training?
John Winger: Aaaaarmy training, sir.

Scene clip:

When the platoon arrived late for their graduation, wearing their messy fatigues, and without their drill sergeant, General Barnicke asked, "Where have you been soldier?" The rest is cinematic history.

Minor Part, Supporting Casts, Extras who stood out:

John Candy, Judge Reinhold, John Laroquette, Sean Young

Remarks:

Bill Paxton had a none speaking extra in the graduation scene. And this was my first R rated movie. Saw it with my dad when I was 14.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: