a decade of zanity

Sunday, February 25, 2007

To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.


Title: Conan the Barbarian 1982

The California governor in action. I read quite a lot of Conan the Barbarian series by Robert E. Howard. Apparently, Howard has another barbarian-type character named, Cormac MacArt. I read one book about him, "The Undying Wizard" that was written by Andrew J. Offutt.

The movie is just so-so by general standards. But it remains as one of the better sword and sorcery movies out there. My linking actor from "Empire Strikes Back" is James Earl Jones.

Quotes from movie:

"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"

"Do you want to live forever?"

"To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."

There's also a lot of grunting by Schwarzenegger.

Minor Part, Supporting Roles, Extras who stood out:

Valerie Quennessen (co-star "Summer Lovers") played the abducted princess in this movie.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: