a decade of zanity

Sunday, February 25, 2007

There's going to be sex, drugs, rock'n'roll. Chips, dips, chains, whips.

Title: Weird Science 1985

One of John Hughes' classics. We love watching Anthony Michael Hall acting as geek who thinks he's a few steps ahead of everyone else. At least that's how I describe his 80's characters; not a geek who's a geek because everyone say so, but a geek because that's how he is and has no real problem struggling through life as one.

When I saw this movie in the theatres way back when, I swear that in the mall scene when Lisa (Kelly LeBrock) was walking, the song was "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison. Later releases on TV, DVD, and VHS (yikes) were playing something else, "Weird Science" the theme by Oingo Boingo.

Lastly, Chet, for some reason, is one of my favorite movie characters. Weird Science is worth watching just for his scenes, and Kelly LeBrock at the height of her hawtness.

Bill Paxton is my linking actor from "Terminator."

Quotes from movie:

"You're stewed, buttwad!"
"Gary was just takin' a shit!"

Wyatt: Gary?... By the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Garry: [hesitates] Ceremonial.

"You know, I can't believe this, Wyatt. I'm so disappointed in us. I mean, all our lives we've been saying how great it would be if we went to parties, right? And now it's our party and we're in the john. We're in the john!"

Garry: Mom, I never toss off to anything!
Mom: [crying] You told me you were combing your hair!
Garry: But I was, I was!"

"So, what would you little maniacs like to do first?"
"I'm gonna tell Mom and Dad everything. I'm even considering makin' up some shit!"
"How 'bout a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?"
"You two donkey-dicks couldn't get laid in a morgue."
"Don't threaten me Al! You're out of shape, I'll kick your arse."

Scene clips:

All the scenes with Chet (played by Bill Paxton). Here's one


Minor Part, Supporting Casts, Extras who stood out

Robert Downey, Jr., Vernon Wells (Wez, the bad-ass mohawk dude in The Road Warrior)

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: