a decade of zanity

Monday, April 9, 2007

Joey, do you like movies about gladiators?

Title: Airplane (1980)

Arguably one of the funniest movies ever made. The team of Abrahams, Zucker and Zucker was perfecting their slapstick formula that made us laugh throughout the 80's. Other movies they created includes all three Naked Gun series, Top Secret, and Kentucky Fried Movie. They also teamed-up for the Police Squad TV episodes in the early 80's which they brought to the big screen as the Naked Gun.

Memorable Scene from movie:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar in AirplaneThere are many memorable scenes in this movie, among them includes Joey getting a tour of the cockpit and ends up pissing off Kareem Abdul Jabbar. The video above is the jive scene from YouTube. I was hoping to post the other jive scene with the old lady speaking jive.

Memorable Quotes from Movie:

Ted Striker: Surely there must be something you can do.
Rumack: I'm doing everything I can... and stop calling me Shirley.

Captain Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?
Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
Captain Oveur: You ever seen a grown man naked?

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines"

Randy: Can I get you something?
Second Jive Dude: 'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!
Randy: I'm sorry, I don't understand.
First Jive Dude: Cutty say 'e can't HANG!
Jive Lady: Oh stewardess! I speak jive.
Randy: Oh, good.
Jive Lady: He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Randy: All right. Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine?
Jive Lady: Jus' hang loose, blood. She gonna catch ya up on da' rebound on da' med side.
Second Jive Dude: What it is, big mama? My mama no raise no dummies. I dug her rap!
Jive Lady: Cut me some slack, Jack! Chump don' want no help, chump don't GET da' help!
First Jive Dude: Say 'e can't hang, say seven up!
Jive Lady: Jive ass dude don't got no brains anyhow! Hmmph!

The linking actor from "Tango and Cash" is James Hong.

Technorati Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This movie is all laughs. There was a part 2....oh man...disaster