a decade of zanity

Monday, April 23, 2007

Look, man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!

Title: Beverly Hills Cop (1984)

One of the top comedies from the 80's and one of Eddie Murphy's best work. I remember the entire theatre laughing out loud when it came out. In addition to the movie as a hit, the soundtrack also made waves in the Billboard Top 40 with classics such as "Axel F" by Harold Faltermeyer, "The Heat Is On" by Glenn Frey, "Neutron Dance" by the Pointer Sisters, and "New Attitude" by Patti LaBelle -- all were top 40 hits.

Memorable Quotes:

"Tell Victor that Ramon - -the fella he met about a week ago? - -tell him that Ramon went to the clinic today, and I found out that I have, um, herpes simplex 10, and I think Victor should go check himself out with his physician to make sure everything is fine before things start falling off on the man."

"Wow. You know, it says here that by the time the average American is fifty, he has five pounds of undigested red meat in his bowels."

"Get the fuck outta here!"

The linking actor from "Spaceballs" is Michael Pniewski.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: