a decade of zanity

Monday, April 30, 2007

A naked American man stole my balloons.

Title: An American Werewolf in London (1981)


From John Landis this is my favorite werewolf movie and one of my favorite movies of all time. Two American students were touring the English countryside when they were attacked by a lycanthrope (werewolf for the lay person). One dies, the other survived, but infected to become a werewolf in a murderous rampage about London.

Memorable Quotes:

Jack: It's a full moon.
Jack, David: Beware the moon.
David: And stick to the road. Oops.
Jack: I vote we go back to the Slaughtered Lamb

"On the moors, we were attacked by a lycanthrope, a werewolf. I was murdered, an unnatural death, and now I walk the earth in limbo until the werewolf's curse is lifted. The wolf's bloodline must be severed; the last remaining werewolf must be destroyed. It's you David."

Jenny Agutter and David Naughton in An American Werewolf in London"A naked American man stole my balloons."

The linking actor is Jenny Agutter. She was probably my first glimpse of a naked woman. Could there be a hotter actress in a nurse uniform than her? I also didn't see this movie in the theatres. I saw it on either HBO or ON TV (remember them?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only just watched this film and am in love with Jenny Agutter! What a great film.